Traceroute is a network tool used to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network.
- Go to Tools >> Network Tools >> Traceroute
- Host - Enter the IP address or the fully qualified domain name of the target.
- Maximum Number of Hops - Enter the maximum number of hops allowed before the packet is dropped. Default is 18, maximum allowed is 64. If destination is not reached with in default number of hops you may increase the hop number.
- Use ICMP - Check the box to do ICMP traceroute. Default is UDP. If default traceroute doesn't take you to the destination, try with ICMP.
- Traceroute - Click on this button to begin traceroute.