Mettle SE has inbuilt support for Wake On LAN feature that enables remotely booting up of client machines in LAN from Mettle SE. You can boot the client machines from Mettle SE either one-by-one or all machines at once. To set up wake on LAN follow the steps given below.
Enable Wake On LAN In Client Machines
Enter the BIOS settings of the client machines and enable wake on LAN feature. Wake on LAN feature can be usually found under Power Management section in you BIOS settings. In the PC's BIOS settings it might be called "Wake on LAN" or "Wake on Ring" or Wake on PCI Event" as it differs with different BIOSes.
Set Up Wake On LAN In Mettle SE
- Go to LAN Services >> Wake On LAN
- Interface: Select the interface to which the client machine you want to wake up is connected. Usually your LAN interface.
- MAC Address: Enter the MAC address of the client machine you want to wake up.
- Click on 'Send' to send magic packets to the machine to boot it.
- In the same page you can see a 'Add New' button. This button is to add Wake on LAN client machines in Mettle SE. Click on this button and a new page will open up.
- Interface: Select the interface to which client machine is connected to.
- MAC Address: Enter the MAC address of the client machine.
- Description: You may want to give a description that would make it easier to identify this later.
- Click on 'Save'.
Use the steps given in Method 2 to add as many clients as you wish.
To wake up the client machines in the list come to LAN Services >> Wake On LAN. Now in this page you can see the list of clients you have added. To wake up a client machine click on the MAC address which is displayed in blue colour, magic packets would be sent to boot up that client remotely.
If you want to boot all the client machines in the list, click on "wake all Clients" button