PPTP VPN Troubleshooting
If you are not able to connect please do the following:
- Make sure that you working Internet connection. Try to ping Mettle SE's WAN IP address from the remote client.
- Make sure that the user name and password entered is correct and make sure you have configured the PPTP client properly.
- Please check if the another user is trying to log in using the same user name.
- Make sure that your NAT device supports PPTP VPN. Some NAT devices do not support PPTP but support other protocols like IPsec.
- Note down the error code PPTP client tells you when the connection is refused. (For eg: Error 650: The Remote Access Server is not responding).
- Call support after all else fails