Virtual IP addresses is used to implement Mettle SE Active-Passive fail-over stack and Port forwarding.
To create a Virtual IP address:
- Go to Tools >> Virtual Addresses >> Add New
- Type - Choose Proxy ARP, CARP or Other. For port forwarding choose ProxyARP. To implement Mettle SE Active-Passive fail-over stack choose CARP. For 1:1 outbound NAT choose Other.
- IP Address - Enter the IP address.
- VHID Password - Ener VHID password in case of CARP
- VHID Group - Select VHID group, only for CARP.
- Advertising Frequency - Select the advertising frequency, only for CARP.
- Description - Enter the description (Not parsed)