To enable Port Forwarding.
- Go to Routing >> NAT >> Port Forward
- Interface --> Chose the interface to use. Normally the WAN interface.
- Protocol --> Choose the protocol, TCP or UDP in most cases.
- Choose destination
- Choose destination port range. To use aliases defined choose other and enter name of alias name.
- Redirect target IP --> Enter the internal IP address which is the target IP address for port forwarding.
- Redirect target portl --> Enter the port which is the port forwarding target port of the LAN computer. Usually this is the same port as the destination port.
- Description --> Enter a description for this port forwarding rule.
- Filter rule association --> Select 'Add associated filter rule' to restrict access to this resource in future.
- Click on Save and Apply Changes.
If your ISP has allocated you with a block of IP addresses you can use a different public IP address from that block instead of your WAN IP address. This way you don't have to reveal the actual WAN IP address of Mettle SE to port forward users. For doing that you need to define a virtual IP address in Mettle SE.