Web usage report:
- To monitor Internet usage of hosts connected to Internet via Mettle SE go to menu Monitoring >> Web Usage
- Select 'Web Usage' to see a date wise total web usage report for each day
- Click on a particular date to see all the host machines which used the Internet and their usage for that day. IP addresses of each host machine is listed along with the maximum data transferred.
- Click on a particular host machine IP address to see the websites visited by that particular host on that particular day. The amount of data transferred between that website and that host is also provided in the report.
- Its is possible to search for the web activity of a particular user/IP address. For searching based on a user or IP address select the "Search" option shown on the left hand side of the page.
- Search filters are IP/User, Site/URL Filter, Date, Action - Denied/Exception/All
- To view all the active web requests of the host machines in your LAN network go to Monitoring >> Active Requests (Proxy)
- Under active requests you can see the IP addresses or User names (if defined) of all the host machines or users currently using the Internet.
- Clicking on each IP address or User name will provide you with the website details and data transfer details in a new pop up window.
Such a log will help you to fine tune Content Filtering service. Fine tuning content filtering would be explained in another section.